Holiday opening hours and support
Find details about buildings and services that are open during the spring bank holidays.
The University will be closed on Thursday 2 June – 6 June.
Some University services will be available, but many local services including shops and public transport may be closed or operating for reduced hours. Before making plans, or heading out, check holiday timetables and buy food and other supplies in advance.
Free bus Sunday (5 June) has been announced, meaning all buses are free on this day.
What’s open on campus?
- The Edward Boyle library is open 24 hours a day. Health Sciences library is open extended hours to cover medical assessments . Find out about opening times for all libraries on the library website.
- IT Service Desk is closed from 5pm on Wednesday 1 June, then will re-open at 9am on Monday 6 June. You can always get help through the IT website
- Learn about The Edge’s opening hours..
- Find opening hours of cafes on campus during the holidays. •
Looking for events and activities?
- Explore out-of-term events
Looking for somewhere to study?
- Find out about opening times on the library website.
Student Information Service
The Student Information Service Helpline and Student Information Points on campus are closed on the UK bank holiday dates Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd June. The Helpline will re-open at 9am on Monday 6th June, and the Student Information Points on campus will re-open at 10am on Monday 6th June. Emails received during the closure period will only be read and responded to once the Helpline re-opens on 6th June.
Normally, email email@example.com or call +44 (0)113 343 7000 (from outside of the UK) or 0800 915 0402 (from inside the UK). This is a free phone number, and you won’t be charged for calling this from your mobile or landline.
If you need emergency support outside of these times, contact Security Services on 0113 343 5494 or 0113 343 2222 or Whatsapp video call 07876 866747. Security can assist you with a range of issues from lockouts to crime prevention advice. If you have an issue during the closed period and do not know who to contact then please get in touch with Security Services and they will assist or direct you to the most appropriate person.
The Student Counselling and Wellbeing and Disability Services are closed from 5pm on Wednesday 1 June, then will re-open at 9am on Monday 6 June.
The Chaplaincy spaces in the Emmanuel Centre are open until 12.30pm on Thursday 1 June and re-open at 9am on Monday 6 June. An out-of-hours number is available for pastoral support during the whole break. Call 07780 613862 to speak to the chaplain on duty.
- Mindwell – Leeds Mental health services
- Togetherall – Free online peer and professional support is available 24/7, 365 days a year to our students. It’s anonymous, so no one will know you’ve chosen to use it unless you tell them!
- Student Space – A national support service from Student Minds o ffering telephone, webchat and text based support through the day and during evenings and weekends.
- Leeds Mental Health helpline – Confidential support, advice, information and guidance for anyone concerned about their mental health and is available 24/7. Trained telephone advisors will provide support for people who need someone to talk to. They can also refer people to services for further help. Call the helpline on 0800 183 0558.
Find out what to do in a crisis or emergency
If you are ill but it’s not an emergency, read through the advice on the NHS website. If you don’t have internet, you can dial 111 from your phone to speak to someone from the National Health Service (NHS).
If it’s an emergency and you need to call an ambulance, dial 999 from your phone. If you have coronavirus symptoms tell them this when you call.
International welcome services
International students arriving in Leeds for the first time can book a free airport pick-up service from Manchester Airport and Leeds Bradford Airport. You can also request a free welcome food box and other essential items for your arrival.
More information about our arrival services can be found on our arrival page.
The international welcome helpdesk will be closed from 4pm on Wednesday 1 June until 10am on Monday 6 June but if you have an urgent arrival issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.