Asking for help

If you've got a question or problem, please ask for help as soon as you need it. There’s lots of support available and people you can contact for advice.

It's normal that you'll need to ask for help and advice, and use support resources during your studies. Knowing when and how to get help is one of the most important aspects of being a successful student. Our services are here to support you to settle in, manage challenges, and make the most of the many opportunities at Leeds.

The Student Information Service 

If you have a question or need information you can contact our friendly colleagues in the Student Information Service. With a Helpline, an email address, and five Information Points on campus we are here to help you navigate your studies, find out what you need to know, and we can put you in touch with the right people if more specialist support or advice is needed.

So, call, email or visit us face to face.

Call us

Our Helpline Team are on hand Monday to Friday 9-5 pm.

  • Call +44 (0)113 343 7000 (from outside of the UK)
  • Call 0800 915 0402 (from inside the UK. This is a free phone number, and you won’t be charged for calling this from your mobile or landline).

Email us

You can email us at

Speak to us, face to face

Our Information Points are open from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. 

Your School

If you have questions about your programme of study or relating to your School, you can contact your School Student Support team.   

Other Support Services

Find information and contact details for specialist services that are here to support your wellbeing and can help with all aspects of student life.   

LUU’s Help and Support Team

Leeds University Union’s Help and Support team offers a professional, friendly service which provides help with any problems relating to life as a student. All help is free and confidential and the service is independent of the University. Contact the team by sending them an email or visit the website to find out how you can access their services. 

Your academic personal tutor or supervisor

Your academic personal tutor or supervisor is there to give you academic and pastoral support. Find information on how they can help you and tips on making the most from your appointments with your personal tutor.

You can find out who your academic personal tutor is as soon as possible by visiting the Leeds for Life website or if you are a PGR, your supervisor and their contact details are listed in GRAD.

Your school representative

If you have a problem with your course or school, or an idea about how to improve the student experience, you can speak to your school representative. Your representative can advise you who to talk to and can help you raise your issue with University staff. You can find out who your school representative is on the Leeds University Union website.