We believe that being pregnant, terminating a pregnancy or having children or other caring responsibilities should not be a barrier to success at the University.
There's a wide range of support available for pregnant students, whether it's provided on-campus by the University, or through external sources.
Additional advice, information and practical support can also be found on campus:
- Access to Learning Fund: financial assistance for pregnant students
- Accommodation Services: family accommodation in locations around Leeds
- Leeds University Union (LUU): advice through the Student Advice Centre and provision of a range of practical and financial support, eg, New Born Baby Fund, Abortion Fund and the Student Parents' Assembly
- Lifelong Learning Centre: a web page on the range of support available for student parents
- Student Counselling Centre: emotional and psychological support
- Universities' Chaplaincy in Leeds: chaplaincy support and guidance
- International Student Office: support for international students
- Bright Beginnings: on-campus nursery for children aged between three months and five years
- Leeds Student Medical Practice: a student-friendly GP practice.
We're committed to being as flexible as possible to support you and ensuring you have access to your course if you are pregnant, have children or other caring responsibilities:
- Unipol: family accommodation in locations around Leeds
- NUS Student Parents
- Marie Stopes
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service (bpas)
- The Miscarriage Association
- Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity (SANDS)
- British Association for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF)