How to register
Registration is the official process of becoming a student of the University. Registration guidance for students is provided below, and you will need to register at the start of every academic year.
All students need to register online every year. New students will also need to complete an identity check. See our sections below for further guidance.
How to register
Part A: online registration
You will be able to sign in to Minerva, and access your modules and University email with your username and password. Please note - being able to log in to Minerva does not mean you are registered.
New and returning students:
To access and complete online registration:
- Go to studentservices.leeds.ac.uk
- Sign in to Student Services with your username (followed by @leeds.ac.uk) and password
- Click 'Registration'
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the seven steps*
- Save a copy of your Registration Certificate for your records
Part B: online identity check
If you're a new student, or have started a new programme of study, you will need to complete an online identity check to be fully registered. To find out more, see our how to complete your identity check webpage.
Some courses are exempt from identity checks, however if you are receiving a Student Loan you will need to complete an identity check in order to receive your funding.
Timelines and deadlines
Students beginning/returning in September 2021
You can begin online registration from the following dates:
- Returning taught students (undergraduate and postgraduate): 2nd August 2021
- New taught postgraduate students: 2nd August 2021
- New incoming study abroad/exchange students: 2nd August 2021
- New undergraduate students: 1st September 2021
- Research students: one month before your official start/anniversary of start date
All students starting a course in September are expected to complete registration by 11th October 2021. Students who have not fully registered by this date due to delays in documentation or fee payment must as priority discuss their next steps with the relevant department (see contact details below in Where To Get Further Help) and must have an agreed plan of action with this department.
September starting/returning students who are not registered at 9am on Monday 25th October will be withdrawn from their studies.
If you are an international student who will not be travelling to the UK before the 25th October, you will need to have received permission from your School to start your studies remotely. The deadline for you to complete the identity check will then be extended according to your expected arrival date. You will still need to complete online registration before the deadline of 25th October.
Students beginning/returning outside September
You can begin online registration around one month before your official start date/anniversary of start date. You should receive communications from your School with guidance on registration.
All students are expected to complete registration within two weeks of their start/return date. Students who have not fully registered by this date due to delays in documentation or fee payment must discuss their next steps with the relevant department (see contact details below in Where To Get Further Help) and must have an agreed plan of action with this department.
Students who are not registered within four weeks of their start/return date will be withdrawn from their studies.
Common problems during registration
- If you receive an error message when retrieving your username and password, check that you are:
- entering your nine digit Student number
- entering your date of birth as provided on your application
- not trying to collect your username and password before the date shown above in the ‘Timeline’ section, stating when you can start registering
- for taught postgraduate (Masters) students, have accepted your unconditional offer to study at the University of Leeds on your admissions portal, and if you need a visa, you have paid your tuition fee deposit or provided exemption evidence
If you have trouble logging into your account after registering for Self Service Password Reset, please contact the IT Service Desk.
If you need help during the online registration process, click on “HELP” in the top right hand corner of the screen.
If you can’t complete registration because of issues relating to your fee payment, you can contact the Student Fees team (contact details are below)
- If you’re a British or EEA student who is expecting a student loan to pay for your fees, this must be approved by the Student Loans Company before it is linked to your university file. Your student loan will be released after you have completed both steps of the registration process (online steps and identity check). If you believe your loan is delayed, please check you've met the requirements for your loan.
- If your loan is for postgraduate study, you’ll need to set up a ‘PG Loan’ instalment plan to pay your tuition fees before you will be able to register.
Where to get further help
- Student Information Helpline: For further help and advice on the registration process you can contact us on email@example.com or call +44 (0)113 343 7000 (from outside of the UK) or 0800 915 0402 (from inside the UK – this is free phone number, and you won’t be charged for calling this from your mobile or landline). Information on Student Information Helpline opening hours can be found here: https://students.leeds.ac.uk/askingforhelp
You can also contact the following teams for specific issues you may be facing:
- International students: contact the International Student Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees: UGfees@leeds.ac.uk or PGfees@leeds.ac.uk
- Funding (UK or EEA students): email@example.com
- Accommodation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic verification documents: please contact your school (subject department)