Get your visa

If you are require a visa to study in the UK, it’s essential to allow plenty of time to find out what you need to do, apply for the correct visa, or make any changes needed (if you need to extend your visa or your circumstances change). 

Check the right guidance 

It’s also important that you’re aware of the responsibilities you must comply with to maintain your permission to study in the UK.   

Your confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)

Our admissions team will email your CAS to you after you have accepted your unconditional offer. If you are a Masters student it will be issued after you have paid your tuition fee deposit or provided your exemption evidence (for sponsored students).

Steps to complete when you arrive in Leeds

When you arrive in Leeds, make sure you know what start up processes you'll need to complete when you arrive in Leeds.

If you need to collect a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), please read the BRP collection guidance to find out how to collect your BRP.

Student Visa Advice

Our Student Visa Advice team provide free advice on immigration rules and requirements to current and prospective international students. 

We can help you with the process of applying for your student visa overseas and with extending your visa once you’re in the UK; immigration advice related to working during and after studies; and advice and appeals on visa refusals.

Contact us: - So that we can deal with your enquiry you must provide us with your Student ID number. 

If you have non-visa related questions, please contact the Student Information Service.