Study China is a unique summer school experience. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain a real insight into living and studying in China and to explore the history and heritage of some of China's greatest cities.
Study China is a three week language, culture, and heritage programme, managed by the University of Manchester, delivered in collaboration with partner Chinese institutions and generously funded by the UK governments Department for Education and Northern Irelands Department of the Economy. Study China aims to provide an opportunity for students to develop a global mind-set and the key skills needed in the graduate job market.
The Study China programme includes:
- 40 hours of Chinese language tuition
- Interactive culture classes and excursions
- Visits to historic landmarks
- A day spent with a Chinese family
- Free time to explore independently
- Opportunities to meet, and live alongside, students from across the UK, EU, and China
For more information on the programme, how to apply and student testimonials, please visit the Study China website.
Please note: you must let the Study Abroad Office know if you apply to Study China. Our advisers can help support you during the application process and we will share important pre-departure information with you. You will be eligible to receive University of Leeds travel insurance cover, provided that you complete the summer schools registration form (see below) and attend the pre-departure briefing.
Once you have secured a place on the programme, please fill out the summer schools registration form available on the Study Abroad Office Minerva organisation. To enrol in the organisation and access the form, please follow the instructions below:
- Log into Minerva via this specific link, which will take you to our 'Welcome to the Study Abroad organisation' page.
- Follow the brief enrolment instructions provided on that page.
- The organisation will then be listed under 'Organisations', which you can view by clicking on the 'Learn' tab.