We believe that being pregnant, terminating a pregnancy or having children or other caring responsibilities should not be a barrier to success at the University.
There's a wide range of support available for pregnant students, whether it's provided on-campus by the University, or through external sources.
Additional advice, information and practical support can also be found on campus:
- Accommodation Services: family accommodation in locations around Leeds
- University Financial Assistance Fund: financial assistance for students
- Leeds University Union (LUU): advice from the Help and Support team and provision of a range of practical and financial support
- Lifelong Learning Centre: contact the LLC for information on support available for student parents
- Student Wellbeing and Counselling: emotional and psychological support
- Universities' Chaplaincy in Leeds: chaplaincy support and guidance
- International Student Office: support for international students
- Bright Beginnings: on-campus nursery for children aged between three months and five years
- Leeds Student Medical Practice: a student-friendly GP practice.
We're committed to being as flexible as possible to support you and ensuring you have access to your course if you are pregnant, have children or other caring responsibilities:
- Unipol: family accommodation in locations around Leeds
- Marie Stopes
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service (bpas)
- The Miscarriage Association
- Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity (SANDS)
- Coram British Association for Adoption and Fostering (CoramBAAF)