PLEASE NOTE: As of August 2022 UKVI have advised that the requirement to register with the police has been abolished.
This means that:
- If you have already registered online with the police but you have not attended an appointment to get your police registration certificate yet, you do not need to attend the appointment. Any appointments already booked will be cancelled.
- You will no longer be required to submit a police registration certificate with UK visa applications, even if you have a visa that states you must register with the police
- You will no longer be required to register with the police online, even if your visa asked you to register, but you have not registered with the police yet
- You will no longer be required to report changes to your circumstances to the police (for example changes to your address or your course of study), or to get your police registration certificate updated to show any changes
- If you have been issued with a visa that states you must register but you are yet to travel, your visa will be reissued where possible