The University's Security Service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year. We offer crime prevention advice, patrol the campus, investigate crimes and respond to alarms and emergencies.
We offer a range of security services to include:
- uniformed security patrols and static guarding both with and without the use of dogs
- plain clothes security officers
- a 24 hour monitoring service for all networked closed circuit television cameras and University alarm systems
- initial response to alarms and emergency situations
- investigating, recording and analysing crimes and incidents
- crime prevention advice
- event and venue security for University functions including access control and guarding
- briefings to staff and students on personal and property security
- lost and found property system
- management information on crime figures and trends as they affect the University
- security services on a 'charged' basis for non-academic activity on University property
- other specialist support as necessary or required.
If you see or hear of anything suspicious happening either on or off the campus, we would like to know.
175 Woodhouse Lane
T: 0113 343 5494 or 0113 343 5495 (non-emergencies)
T: 0113 343 2222 (emergencies only)
You can also find us near the University's main entrance barrier.
If you have been a victim of crime and would like support, you can also talk in confidence to the Student Advice Centre.