Holiday activities, support and opening hours
Lots of support and activities will be available during the spring break. Whether you’re new to Leeds or already know the campus and the city well, we’re here for you – online and in-person, on-campus.
Please bookmark this page and check it regularly as we will update it as new information becomes available.
Not sure when the spring break is? View term and semester dates.
Events and activities
- Join our Global Community Microsoft TEAMs space to connect with other students staying in Leeds over the holidays. We’ll be sharing activities and competitions you can get involved with through the Team. Join now using your @leeds.ac.uk email or use the join code loq5x6z by selecting ‘join or create a TEAM’ at the bottom of your Teams’ list.
- Edward Boyle and Laidlaw Libraries will be open for bookable study space from 9am-8pm on the weekdays (1, 2, 5 and 6 April), and from 10am-5pm on the weekend (3 and 4 April).
- The Health Sciences Library will be closed from 8pm on 1 April and will reopen on 7 April.
Find out more about the Library’s bookable spaces on the library website.
OTHER CAMPUS STUDY SPACES
- Find information about study spaces on campus including how to book a study space.
- LUU’s study space will close for bookings from 31 March however space within our common ground café will be available on a first come first served basis
- Find information about computer clusters. Remember, you can access a range of software using the Virtual Windows Desktop or AppsAnywhere.
- If you have any trouble accessing learning online you can speak to your Academic Personal Tutor who may be able to arrange a loan laptop for you. Remember that IT have a range of software available for you to use.
- The Edge is currently closed in line with government guidance and will reopen on 12 April Outdoor facilities (Sports Park Weetwood and Bodington Cycle Circuit) reopen from 29 March.
- LUU will be open with services running as normal. They will close from 1pm on 1 April and reopen at 8am on Wednesday 7 April. Please note the LUU building will be closed to the public on Thursday 1st April for essential works.
- From 26 April, LUU will reopen for 7 days of trading and on this date Common Ground Café will reopen for take away. They will also be operating a table service outside the Old Bar during good weather.
- You can continue to log queries with the IT Helpdesk remotely. IT help and guidance
- Looking for something to eat? Find opening hours of cafes on campus, during the holidays.
- Find out about the faith-based support and facilities available during the holidays.
- The Bike Hub, will be closed from 26 March to 7 April. Outside of these dates, you can hire a bike or get maintenance help from our qualified mechanics by booking an appointment on the sustainability website. Email the bike hub if you need help or advice on cycling.
- The asymptomatic test centre on campus will close for Easter between Thursday 1 and Tuesday 6 April. Please note the entrance will change from LUU to the Refectory when the centre reopens on Wednesday 7 April.
University and LUU support
- Our Student Information Helpline and other support services will be available during the spring break. Details of how to get in touch and their opening hours are on the Asking For Help webpage.
- Student Information Points in the Ziff and Worsley are available until 12.30pm on Thursday 1 April. They’ll reopen on Wednesday 7 April.
- The Student Information Helpline will be available by phone and email until 5pm on Thursday 1April and 9am to 5pm on Tuesday 6 April. It will be open as usual from 9 on Wednesday 7 April.
- If you are self-isolating in Leeds during the spring break and need urgent support when the helpline is closed (2-5 April ), you can call 0113 343 9599 (8am-8pm, every day)
- Our Security Services are available 24/7 for anyone who needs them. If at any time you need to contact the Security Services, please call 0113 343 5494 or 0113 343 343 2222 in an emergency. In an emergency, please dial 999 to alert the emergency services first. You can also video call 07876 866747 through WhatsApp to speak with an officer face-to-face for advice and support.
- International arrival and orientation services are running every day throughout the spring break.
- If you need emergency immigration advice or help, please call Security (0113 343 5494 or 0113 343 343 2222) who will arrange for one of our International Student Advisers to call you back.
- If you experience a disability or a long-term health condition or just want to find out more, you can register with the Disability Service and the team will follow up with you as soon as possible.
- Find out about prayer, contemplation and faith-based support and Ramadan arrangements over the spring break.
Let us know if you are self-isolating or have tested positive for coronavirus so we can support you. Read more about the self-isolation support and guidance available, including information about getting food and essential supplies throughout the spring break. Find details of how to book an emergency food box online.
Wellbeing support available 24/7
It's ok to ask for help and advice. These support resources are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Leeds Mental Helpline – 0800 183 0558
- Student Space – the national support service from Student Minds
- Samaritans available 24/7 by calling 116 123 free from your phone
- Students Against Depression
- Mindwell – Mental Health Support in Leeds
- Between 1-6 April, the Chaplaincy and Emmanuel Centre will be closed, however Chaplaincy out-of-hours crisis support is available via our out of hours number 07780613862.
Stay connected online
- Join the University of Leeds Facebook group for current student, follow @UoLStudents on Twitter or the University of Leeds Weibo and join LUU’s community Facebook group
- If you're in University accommodation, check out Residence Life to find your group chat and stay up to date with events and information
- If you're a postgraduate, join the Postgraduate Hub facebook group to connect with other postgrads online
- if you are a student with caring responsibilties, the Lifelong Learning Centre have set up a chat space on Teams fo you to socialise, and meet weekly on Zoom to share advice and bring together students with a shared experience. Email Lauren Huxley (LLC Student Experience Officer) to be part of this.
- Stay up to date with student-led University newspaper The Gryphon and connect to campus life by tuning in to Leeds Student Radio
Leeds city-wide information
If you’re in Leeds over the Easter bank holiday weekend (2 – 5 April), don’t forget to plan ahead to make sure you have an enjoyable holiday.
- Supermarkets, shops and banks may have reduced opening hours over the Easter bank holiday weekend (2 – 5 April). Visit the individual shop or bank’s websites to find their opening hours. Most shops will be closed on Easter Sunday (4 April), so buy food and supplies in advance.
- Public transport - there will be changes to services between 2 – 5 April. Plan your journey and check for additional travel disruption or timetable changes. Here’s a list of some local taxi services, which can be booked in advance: