Whether you’re living in University accommodation, your house or flat in Leeds, temporary accommodation or your family home, there are lots of ways to stay connected to our University community of students, postgraduate researchers and staff.
Stay up to date
There are a variety of ways to stay in contact with our University community online.
- Join the University of Leeds Facebook group for current students, follow @UoLStudents on Twitter or the University of Leeds Weibo and join Leeds University Union’s community Facebook group
- Read blog posts about other students' experiences and useful advice from Leeds University Union, the University of Leeds and the Link to Leeds programme
- Stay up to date with student-led University newspaper The Gryphon and connect to campus life by tuning in to Leeds Student Radio
- Sign up to receive email updates from Leeds University Union or the Unity project
Take part in virtual meet-ups online to connect with other students and postgraduate researchers.
- Stay up to date with whats on at Leeds University Union and visit their Welcome 2020 website for lots of activities, opportunities and information
- Browse more than 300 student-led clubs and societies from Leeds University Union, and find the club or society that suits you best by taking this 60 second quiz
- Learn a language and meet new people through the Leeds for Life Language Exchange or by joining the Language Zone Microsoft Teams spaces, use code 4d22fsr if you want to practise English or code jjlxsuu for languages other than English
- If you’re feeling creative, Leeds University Library and Galleries have moved their gallery and events online for you to access at your leisure
- Enjoy live family events, fun activities, challenges and inspiring evening talks as part of the Be Curious Festival 2020 taking place between 10 – 23 October 2020
- If you're a postgraduate, join the Postgraduate Hub facebook group to connect with other postgrads online
- Postgraduate researchers can follow the Leeds Doctoral College for updates on their new online event ‘Research Nights In’
- If you’re an international student, join our Link to Leeds ambassadors to take part in daily online social events or ask questions via instant messanger between 10am and 10pm each day
- If you're in University accomodation, check out Residence Life to find your group chat and stay up to date with events and information
- Take part in the Universities Chaplaincy’s online events and drop-in sessions that are open to students of all faiths and none
Keep active and well
Staying active, eating healthily and being mindful are key to maintaining your wellbeing.
- The University’s Sports and Physical Activity team offer a range of videos and blogs to help you to keep active and healthy at home
- Get Out Get Active run local activities and trips as well as organising group runs, climbing sessions and yoga or pilates classes
- For ideas about how to eat healthily on a budget, see these recipes from the University’s Health and Wellbeing team
- The Great Food at Leeds team have created videos demonstrating how to cook tofu and mushroom or chicken and sweetcorn soup
- Take part in a weekly online meditation class and access lots of online resources from the University's Student Counselling and Wellbeing team
- Check out the Leeds University Union's Health and Wellbeing team's podcast to hear student ambassadors discuss wellbeing at University
Develop your skills and employability
There are lots of opportunities to learn new skills and develop your employability.
- Skills@Library workshops are open to everyone through Minerva and you can request a one-to-one appointment for academic skills or maths and statistics
- The Careers Service offer appointments with advisors through video chat, as well as events and webinars available online
- Catch up on a wide range of seminar recordings, resources and webinars from 2020 Global Careers Month
- Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills whilst helping others, find out more in this blog from the University's Volunteer Team
- Sign up now to take part in the virtual Autumn Careers Fair on Monday 5 October 2020 or the virtual Volunteering Fair on Tuesday 20 October 2020
- Find out more about the events and courses offered by Business Confucius Institute
- Access a range of free courses via FutureLearn or LinkedIn Learning
In the City
Leeds is a really fantastic city with lots going on. Whether you like art, sport, history, literature, shopping or food there are lots of places to explore.
- Take a virtual visit to Leeds Museums and Galleries and discover online exhibits and events, helping you to connect with Leeds’ rich history and culture
- Leeds Film at Home offers a curated programme of short films and recommendations, in anticipation for the return of the Leeds International Film Festival in November 2020
- Watch some incredible performances online from Opera North, Leeds’ opera company
- Explore Leeds’ architecture and street art or walk along the waterfront by following these fantastic walking trails
- Discover family friendly online and in person events, including daily story times and online activities
- Keep up to date with events and things to do in Leeds and Yorkshire go to Visit Leeds and Leeds Inspired