Asking for help

If you've got a question or problem, please ask for help as soon as you need it because there’s lots of support available and people to contact for advice.

It's normal that you'll need to ask for help and advice, and use support resources during your studies. Knowing when and how to get help is one of the most important aspects of being a successful student. Our services are here to support you to settle in, manage challenges, and make the most of the many opportunities at Leeds.


Find the email address for your academic school so you can contact your school student support team.  

Other support services

Find information and contact details for specialist services that are here to support your wellbeing and can help with all aspects of student life.  

LUU’s Help and Support team

Leeds University Union’s Help and Support team offers a professional, friendly service which provides help with any problems relating to life as a student. All help is free and confidential and the service is independent of the University. Contact the team by sending them an email or visit the website to find out how you can access their services.

Student Information Points

You can contact the Student Information Helpline. The team will be available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

  • Email the Student Information Helpline on 
  • Call +44 (0)113 343 7000 (from outside of the UK)
  • Call 0800 915 0402 (from inside the UK. This is free phone number, and you won’t be charged for calling this from your mobile or landline).

You can also get face-to-face support by visiting one of our Student Information points on campus. The team can help answer questions from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. You can find information about teaching locations, welcome and induction, and Faculty or School information. 

International arrival and orientation

If you are arriving in Leeds from outside the UK, you’ll find helpful information and contact details for our support teams on our international orientation page.

Your academic personal tutor or supervisor

Your academic personal tutor or supervisor is there to give you academic and pastoral support. Find information on how they can help you and tips on making the most from your appointments with your personal tutor.

You can find out who your academic personal tutor is as soon as possible by visiting the Leeds for Life website

Your school representative

If you have a problem with your course or school, or an idea about how to improve the student experience, you can speak to your school representative. Your representative can advise you who to talk to and can help you raise your issue with University staff. You can find out who your school representative is on the Leeds University Union website.