Disability Services at Leeds
Disability Services provides advice, guidance, and support to both current and prospective disabled students at the University of Leeds.
We work closely and in partnership with disabled students, academic departments and other services to provide support and navigate barriers for disabled students.
We have four core teams at Disability Services. These are:
- Front of House Team - Our friendly reception team is based at the entrance to Chemistry West building and are usually the first people to greet you when visiting Disability Services.
- Advisory Team - Our Advisory Team have a number of coordinators who are linked to specific faculties across campus. Depending on your course, one coordinator will be assigned to support you and make recommendations on the support you require.
- Support Worker Team - this team will assist those students who have been recommended one to one support. You will be recommended this by your Disability Coordinator or the University of Leeds may have been selected as a supplier for this support. In either case, the Support Worker team will match you up with the relevant support worker. To find out more specific details about this support - click here.
- Leeds Assessment Centre - This team provide needs assessments for any student. They are a separate team who can create needs assessments for not only University of Leeds students but any student based in the UK. To find out more information - click here.
Contact Disability Services
To get in touch with Disability services you can:
- Call us on 0113 343 3927
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our friendly reception team
Our reception is open Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm.Our drop-in sessions are:
From the start of term till mid-October - 9:30am-4: 30 pm
From mid-October 9:30am-11:00am and 2:00 pm -4:00 pm. Please note, Appointments are 10 minutes and are available on a first come first served basis.
How to find us
We are based in the Chemistry West Building can be found on the interactive campus map. There is also a printable version and large print map available.