The University's Security Service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year. We offer crime prevention advice, patrol the campus, investigate crimes and respond to alarms and emergencies.
SafeZone is an app that everyone on campus can use to ask for help. It is there to give you extra peace of mind in addition to the other support offered by the University. It is linked to the University’s Security team who are on call to help you 24/7.
We offer a range of security services to include:
- uniformed security patrols and static guarding both with and without the use of dogs
- plain clothes security officers
- a 24 hour monitoring service for all networked closed circuit television cameras and University alarm systems
- initial response to alarms and emergency situations
- investigating, recording and analysing crimes and incidents
- crime prevention advice
- event and venue security for University functions including access control and guarding
- briefings to staff and students on personal and property security
- lost and found property system
- management information on crime figures and trends as they affect the University
- security services on a 'charged' basis for non-academic activity on University property
- other specialist support as necessary or required.
If you see or hear of anything suspicious happening either on or off the campus, we would like to know.
175 Woodhouse Lane
T: 0113 343 5494 or 0113 343 5495 (non-emergencies)
T: 0113 343 2222 (emergencies only)
Whatsapp Video Call service: 07876 866747
You can also find us near the University's main entrance barrier.
If you have been a victim of crime and would like support, you can also talk in confidence to the Student Advice Centre.