Get involved with your community
By joining us at Leeds you are joining a diverse and culturally rich community, including the wider communities of Leeds.
As a member of the Leeds community, you can expect to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. It is therefore important that you show the same respect for others in your accommodation, on-campus and when living and socialising in the wider Leeds community.
Whether you are living in Headingley, Hyde Park, Burley Park, Woodhouse or somewhere further afield, you will be living amongst a culturally, economically and socially diverse community. Your neighbours might be families, retired people, professionals and fellow students.
As a member of this community, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the place where you live, so introduce yourself and spare a thought for your neighbours next time you're inviting your friends over.
Getting involved with the local community is easy, enjoyable, and rewarding and there are many different ways to do it. By getting out and getting involved – from getting to know the local community, volunteering with local schools and community organisations to supporting local events and projects- students at Leeds can make a great and positive contribution to our city, the wider UK and global society.
- To get involved with the wide range of volunteering opportunities on offer see the volunteering at Leeds webpages: https://www.luu.org.uk/help-support/improving-your-wellbeing-and-skills-through-volunteering/ volunteering in local schools and
- To find and support local and independent businesses see the Independent life website. https://leeds.independentlife.co.uk/listings/
- Leeds is a big and vibrant city with plenty of opportunities and events going on. Visit https://www.visitleeds.co.uk/whats-on/ to find out what’s happening and explore the city.
- Take part in local elections. Register to vote at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- To explore further afield, including beautiful countryside, picturesque coast, and historic towns, visit https://www.visityorkshire.co.uk/