After you are notified of your award
It's important that you're aware of the next steps in the process of getting your Leeds Bursary so that you know what to do if the money is taking too long to arrive.
Once you have been notified of your eligibility
There are two things you need to do once you have been notified you are eligible to receive an award.
- Check the amount you have been awarded on Minerva by logging in, selecting 'My Leeds' from the menu options, then under 'Tools and Other University Systems' selecting 'Student Services', then selecting 'Payments and Financial Support', then finally selecting ‘Leeds Bursary Summary’
- If you are taking the award as cash you will need to provide us with the bank account details of the account you wish the money to be paid into. Details of how to do this securely can be found on our website here.
Below are answers to some of the more common problems with receiving payment. If you do not find an answer here contact the Funding team
If we haven't confirmed your eligibility
If you think you are eligible for the Leeds Bursary but have not received a confirmation email from us, it may be due to one or more of the following reasons.
- Your student finance award body (eg Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Finance Northern Ireland, the Student Awards Agency for Scotland) has not yet completed your income assessment.
Contact the appropriate student finance body to check the status of your application.
- Your student finance award body cannot share your income details with the University.
It's possible that when you completed your Student Finance application, you or your parents did not give consent for your student finance body to share your income details with the University. Check whether this consent is outstanding by calling your student finance award body.
- Your household income exceeds the maximum eligibility threshold
Check the “Notification of Entitlement” letter from your student finance award body.
If none of these reasons apply to you, and you have not received an email from us by the end of October, please contact the Funding team.
If your household income changes
If you think your household income has dropped by 15% or more since the period of assessment by your student finance award body, you can ask them to reassess you. Once you have been reassessed, they will let the University know, and we will adjust your Leeds Bursary accordingly.
Which is my student finance award body?
Get full information about student loans from the national student finance body which applies to you:
- Student Finance England
- Student Finance Wales
- Student Finance Northern Ireland
- Student Awards Agency for Scotland