NHS student workforce fund
The NHS student workforce fund is available to some students within Faculty of Medicine and Health to support them while they continue with placement commitments at this challenging time. Find out if you're eligible, and how to apply.
Why has this fund been developed?
This has been created by donations from supporters specifically to support our students with placement commitments as part of their degree. The University had identified a unique set of challenges these students are facing and has developed the NHS Student Workforce Fund to provide financial support and enhanced counselling and wellbeing support at this challenging time. Please see here for further information about the counselling and wellbeing support available.
Am I eligible to apply for the NHS Student Workforce Fund?
You are eligible for the fund if you did not receive an award from the NHS Student Workforce Fund during the 2019/2020 academic year and your course includes a NHS placement before the end of the 2020/2021 academic year.
This support is currently open for the following cohorts:
- Audiology - years 1-3
- Cardiac Physiology - years 1-3
- Diagnostic Radiography - years 1-3
- MBChB - years 3 to 5
- Physician Associate - years 1-2
- Adult Nursing - years 1-3
- Child Nursing - years 1-3
- Mental Health Nursing - years 1-3
- Apprentice Nurse - years 2 & 3
- Midwifery - years 1-3
- BA Social Work - years 1-3
- MA Social Work - years 1-2
- Dental Surgery - years 2-5
- Dental Hygiene & Dental Therapy - years 2-3
What can the fund support?
The fund is designed to be flexible to support students facing financial difficulty as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We anticipate the funds being used to support:
- Travel costs as a direct impact from COVID-19 (not eligible if travel expenses are provided through the NHS)
- Loss of income
How much can I apply for?
The maximum available is £500 per student.
How do I apply?
How quickly will I receive the funds if successful?
Applications will be reviewed weekly by the panel; successful applicants will be informed by the end of the working day on Thursday and will receive the funds in their bank account by the end of the following week.
For more information please contact NHSWorkforceFund@leeds.ac.uk.