Exam periods and timetable publication dates
There are three examination periods each year and students will be able to view their personal exam timetable ahead of these periods through Minerva.
The exam periods are held at the end of each semester and the resit period takes place before the summer bank holiday in late August.
Exams can be held on any day within these periods, including weekends, so please make sure that you're available for every examination session. You can view your personal exam timetable through Minerva.
Separate timetables may be issued at school level, for example if you are a student in the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry or Healthcare.
Examination timetable publication dates 2019/2020
Timetables are published online on the following dates:
Semester 1 Exams (13 - 24 January 2020)
- Draft Exam Timetable: 15 November 2019 (midday)
- Exam Timetable (without venues): 29 November 2019 (midday)
- Exam Timetable (with venues): 13 December 2019 (midday)
Semester 2 Exams (18 May - 5 June 2020)
- Draft Exam Timetable: 13 March 2020 (midday)
- Exam Timetable (without venues): 27 March 2020 (midday)
- Exam Timetable (with venues): 24 April 2020 (midday)
August Resit Exams (18 - 28 August 2020)
- Exam Timetable (with venues): 3 August 2020 (midday)
Exam session times may vary (you should always double-check) but ordinarily are:
- 9am to 12 noon
- 2pm to 5pm
- 6pm to 7pm (if required)