Register your graduation choice
We’re looking forward to welcoming the Winter Class of 2023 to celebrate with your family and friends
All finalist students need to register a graduation choice and update personal details in Student Services by Friday 3 November. Registration is available from Monday 16 October 2023.
Your Graduation options are
- To attend Graduation in December 2023
- To attend next year, in July 2024
- To attend next year, in December 2024
- Not attend any Graduation, known as in absentia
- Graduation Ceremony, in person. You have the option to attend Graduation in person, on campus, in the Great Hall. To register your choice for this, login and register using Student Services. Detailed instructions are listed below.
- Virtual Graduation, online. If you prefer, you can attend a Virtual Graduation, online. This will be on Friday 8 December 2023. Anyone unable to attend in person can select to join in this way. To register your choice for this, complete the Virtual Graduation registration form online.
- Relaxed Graduation, in person. We are also trialling a Relaxed Graduation this December, on campus, in the Great Hall building. This will be on Tuesday 19 December 2023. This experience is designed for students or guests with learning difficulties, autism, social anxiety, or sensory processing difficulties, but is open to any students or guests who may find this alternative format more comfortable, subject to availability. To register your choice for this, complete the Relaxed Graduation registration form online.
July or December 2024, or in absentia
To attend Graduation in July 2024 or December 2024, register your choice for this using Student Services.
If you do not wish to attend any Graduation, you can also let us know your choice for this using Student Services.
Attendance and Certificates
Due to the planning and organising involved, we ask that students only register to attend one event. It is not possible to attend both a virtual and in person graduation. Register your choice by Friday 3 November 2023.
Certificates are not given out during graduation events, so providing up to date contact details is essential so the University can contact you about your degree documents. You will be contacted by the University with more information about certificates soon.
How to register in Student Services
Here is a step-by-step guide to logging on and registering
- Go to studentservices.leeds.ac.uk
- Sign in with your username (followed by @leeds.ac.uk) and password
- Click the “Registration and Student Records” tab
- Click on the “Graduation Ceremony” link at the bottom of the page
- Click the ceremony number to proceed
- It will first ask you some details about yourself and will eventually take you to a page where you can make a graduation choice.
- You will get a confirmation email sent approximately 5 working days after registering so you can then go on to hire your gown and make other preparations.
If you are having any problems logging into Student Services please email the Graduation Team