Register your graduation choice
You’ll need to register your graduation intentions by the 17 November.
We are hoping to open graduation registration on the 25 October through Minerva where you will be able to register your graduation choice.
See the dates and times on the graduation schedule.
You have until the 17 November to register your graduation choice.
Your Graduation options are:
- Attend your December 2022 degree ceremony and receive the certificate at the ceremony
- Defer your graduation to an alternative one in July or December 2023, your certificate will remain here until the ceremony.
- Receive your certificate by post and be conferred in absentia
How to register your graduation choice
- log into Minerva using your IT username and password
- Click on the Access Student Services icon in the tool bar on the top right
- Click the Registration and Student Records tab
- Click the Graduation Ceremony link at the bottom of the page
- Click the ceremony link to enter the system
- You are now in the system, go through each step to register your choice
If you no longer have access to Minerva you can fill out this form
Attend a ceremony
If you choose to attend you will receive your degree certificate and one transcript on stage at the ceremony. After registering to attend you will receive a confirmation email within 5 working days, we do ask for a personal email address during registration as your student account will be deactivated once you finish.
Defer your graduation
If you choose to be invited to an alternative graduation session we will contact you. If you select July 2023 we will contact you in May 2023 by email to invite you to register and book tickets. If you select December 2023 we will contact you in October 2023.
It is important to know that if you do choose to defer your documents must remain here until the ceremony.
Receive your certificate by post in absentia
If you choose to have your documents posted and graduate in absentia, you will receive one certificate and transcript together in a hard-backed envelope.
We aim to post documents for students who have registered in absentia from Thursday 22 December. Delivery time can take 4 weeks for a UK address and 8 weeks for an overseas address by free standard post and cannot be tracked.
Take care when selecting your address as it is not always possible to change delivery addresses and can lead to a delay in posting.