Our classification calculator is a downloadable Excel spreadsheet which you can use to estimate your final degree classification.
The classification calculator is for guidance only. There is no guarantee that the classification you will calculate by this method is the one which will be finally awarded. All marks and classifications must be confirmed by the Exam Board on behalf of Senate before they become final.
Versions of the calculator
There are four versions of the classification calculator, choose the one that corresponds to your award title:
- Advanced Diploma - calculator 1
- Bachelor (Honours) - calculator 1
- Bachelor (Ordinary) - calculator 1
- Certificate - calculator 4
- Certificate of Higher Education - calculator 4
- Diploma - calculator 4
- Diploma of Higher Education - calculator 4
- Foundation Degree - calculator 4
- Graduate Certificate (including Professional Graduate Certificate (Non-direct entry)) - calculator 4
- Graduate Diploma - calculator 4
- Integrated Master - calculator 1 or calculator 2 *
- Master (first degree) - calculator 1 or calculator 2 *
- Master (taught postgraduate) - calculator 3
- Postgraduate Diploma - calculator 3
- Postgraduate Certificate - calculator 3
* depending on whether your programme of study is classified over penultimate and final years only, or Years 2, 3 and 4. For Integrated Master degrees with a study abroad variant which is not included in the classification average, Calculator 1 may be appropriate. Please check with your school first.
How to use the classification calculator
- Translate any pre-2018/19 marks awarded on the 20-90 scale to the 0-100 scale.
- Enter your results and credit values for each module in the blue-shaded boxes.
The calculator will tell you your average grade per year and your final overall average.
Contact us if you are having problems downloading or using the classification calculator.