Accessible Formatting Services
The RNIB Transcription Centre Leeds works with the University to provide accessible versions of academic material
We can convert study material into structured Word documents for use with:
- Text-to-speech/screen magnification software
- or as large print in soft and/or hard copy
- Please contact us to discuss other formats e.g. braille, ePub, digital audio.
- Any documents on Minerva such as PDFs and PowerPoints
- Any other reading such as journal articles, chapters from text books or complete books. (This is done either by converting an existing digital file or by scanning and proofreading print books).
Additionally, you can gain access to RNIB Bookshare, a repository of accessible files supplied mainly by publishers, and a library of images and diagrams.
Many of these files can be read immediately in your preferred format; or can be converted into a more suitable format for you by our team.
Who can use the service
- The service is available to eligible students and members of staff.
- All transcription is tailored to individual requirements.
- This service does not require Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)/Access to Work funding.
- Early contact is encouraged as it can take time to produce material.
Please note: this is not a service for transcription from audio to print nor university transcripts.
Vibi Rothnie (she/her)
RNIB Transcription Centre Leeds
University of Leeds