Laptop loans and mobile internet
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the online or digital aspects of your learning you should discuss this with your Academic Personal Tutor and/or your School Student Support team.
What you need to do
You need to get in touch with your Academic Personal Tutor (you’ll find their details on Minerva) or your School Student Support team to discuss the difficulty.
Laptops are available on loan if it’s clear that this will solve the problem – it may be that hardware is not the issue and that with IT support, training or advice, the issue may be resolved. If it’s agreed that you need IT equipment, typically a laptop, your School will order one for you via IT Services.
- You will receive an email notification when the laptop is ready for collection from campus.
- Collection by appointment will be the default option offered. Special handling notes, e.g. for send out, will be provided but this will only apply to special circumstances (e.g. if a student is in quarantine or shielding).
length of loan
Loan term options offered when raising loan requests are as follows:
- Until the end of Semester 1
- Until the end of Semester 2
- Until the end of the summer period
Information and help with home internet
There is information and tips about home internet and broadband on the IT website.
Please also discuss these difficulties with your Academic Personal Tutor and/or your School Student Support Team to explore whether we can provide additional support in this respect.