When to enrol on your modules

Module enrolment takes place in May for returning students and prior to the start of term for new students. When you enrol on a module it is automatically downloaded to Minerva and your timetable.

Module enrolment for 2018/19

These are the opening and closing dates for taught undergraduate and postgraduate module enrolment:

Opening times for optional modules
Opening times for discovery modules
Closing times for all modules
Returning undergraduates

Tuesday 8 May (11am) for students moving into year 3 and above

Wednesday 9 May (11am) for students moving into year 2

Thursday 10 May (11am) for HIST modules

 Tuesday 3 July (11am)
Monday 16 July (midnight)
New undergraduates

Wednesday 29 August (9am)

Wednesday 29 August (9am)

Thursday 27 September (midnight)

Enrolment dates vary for postgraduate students, view the opening times for individual schools.

Your school

Your school will let you know the exact opening time and give you advice about completing the online process and choosing modules appropriate to your programme of study.

Some schools operate different opening and closing dates to the ones above. View the opening times for individual schools.

Can I change my module?

You will be asked to choose which modules you would like to study and enrol on them online during specific dates. It may be possible to change modules after that date if you speak to the school you are studying with. When you have chosen your modules online, they will be added to your student record. Your timetable and VLE account will be updated overnight.

Do I need to enrol for all my modules?

You only need to enrol for optional and discovery modules. If your programme is made up of purely compulsory modules, you don’t need to complete module enrolment. For more information about your curriculum and its requirements, see the module and programme catalogues.

Study abroad students

You should have enrolled on modules before you arrived in Leeds. If you want to change any of your module choices or you've had problems with enrolment, contact the study abroad coordinator in your parent school or advisers in the Study Abroad Office