What to do if you can’t access Minerva
Sometimes Minerva won’t be available, for example if we are carrying out maintenance work on the system. You can find out about any scheduled service interruptions on the Minerva blog.
If there is ever an issue that is unplanned, we’ll let you know when the service is back up and running, in office hours, on the IT service status webpage.
If you have any questions or concerns about how being unable to access Minerva has affected you, please contact your school. Contact details can be found on the Contact your School webpage.
For further information on the different systems available online for all your assessments see the Systems for Online Assessments webpage.
If your revision is interrupted
While Minerva is unavailable you won’t be able to access teaching materials, such as video recordings of your lectures (Lecture Capture), digitised reading list material (online course readings) and lecture slides. You will still be able to access Module Reading Lists webpage and Past Examination Papers webpage and consult the examination and assessment timetable. General advice on revision and exams is available on the Library website. If your revision has been affected because you are unable to access Minerva, please contact your school. Contact details can be found on the Contact your School webpage.
If you are unable to submit work through Minerva
If Minerva is not available when you’re trying to submit work, there are three things you need to do:
- You’ll need to record some details: take a screenshot of any error messages and make a note of the page you were trying to access. Write down the date, time and your location. If you’re in an IT cluster, make a note of the PC number.
- Please report the issue to the IT service desk through the IT website – this means we’ll have a record of your issue and you’ll be given a reference number in case you need to show that your attempt at submission has been affected. They may ask for all the details above. You should also include your module code and assignment name, and your contact information.
- Make sure you let the school that teaches your module know what has happened – they will help if a deadline is affected because of issues with Minerva. If you think you’re going to miss a submission deadline, send the school the above details that you recorded for IT. Contact details can be found on the Contact your School webpage.
When you have submitted your work, make sure you keep your submission receipt email.
View our guidance on submitting work and online assessments which is available on our VLE Assessment and E-assessment Index webpage.
If you need to register as a student
Details about registering as a student and contact information for help are available on the How to Register webpage.
If you need to access any systems that are usually available through Minerva
Many of the systems you access through Minerva are available through other routes, at the below links:
- Email (Office 365)
- OneDrive (Office 365)
- Teaching Timetable
- Leeds for Life
- Graduate Record of Achievement and Development
- Module Reading Lists
- Past Examination Papers
- Your Library Record
- Search the Library Catalogue
- Library Room Booking
- Buy Printer Credits
- For Students Website
- Leeds University Union
- Careers Centre
- Module Enrolment