The Intercultural Ambassadors Programme offers both the UK and international students the opportunity to volunteer, bringing intercultural awareness to our campus and community.
Intercultural Ambassadors play a key role in bringing the benefits of the University of Leeds Global Community to students and local people. The programme runs each year from November to April, with applications opening in September.
By joining the programme you get the chance to:
- run one of ten meaningful projects with a multicultural team
- develop your skills in cultural awareness and intercultural communication
- gain valuable teamwork and project management experience
- make an impact on the University and wider Leeds community
- develop your employability skills
- get to know some amazing people and have fun.
Students selected for the programme receive training and support to create projects on campus and in the local community to inspire and connect people from different backgrounds and enrich their experience.
You can gain recognition of your role as an Intercultural Ambassador on the Higher Education Achievement Record which accompanies your degree certificate if you are an undergraduate and successfully complete the full programme
Applications for the 2018-19 programme will open in September 2018. Check back here for more information nearer the time.