Funding is available to support students with the costs of having a diagnostic assessment.
This funding will cover the cost of accesssing a diagnosis for a disability or specific learning difficulty that will enable students to access disability support. Funding is available until the end of July 2023.
How much is available?
- The total cost of the asssessment will be covered, up to a maximum of £500
- If your assessment exceeds this amount, please contact us
What sort of assessment can I have funded?
You can apply to this fund for any sort of assessment that will allow you to access disability support. This may include diagnostic assessments for:
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia
- ADHD*: This document gives more information about how to find an assessor for ADHD
- Autism: This document gives more information about how to find an assessor for autism
- Visual stress such as Irlans syndrome
If you are unsure, please contact us, or complete the application form so that we can talk it through with you.
*Please note – Private assessments for ADHD may not be recognised by the NHS and as such you will not be able to access associated medication via the NHS. This would result in you having to fund the cost of any medication yourself for the duration that you access it. Please consider this type of private assessment very carefully and discuss with a member of the team if you are in any doubt.
Things you need to know
- This funding is limited to the 2022/23 academic year and is only available to those students who have had, or need, a diagnostic assessment between the 1 August 2022 and 31 July 2023. There are no exceptions to this as it is based on the availability of funds.
- You are not able to claim this funding if you have already been awarded financial assistance for an assessment via the Finance Assistance fund.
- You will need to identify where you would like to have your diagnostic assessment. We can assist with helping you find an appropriate supplier, but you will need to make the arrangements.
- If you have already had an assessment, you can reclaim the costs. You will need to provide a receipt for the assessment as evidence.
How to apply
Complete the application form and a member of our team will contact you directly. We will process these applications as quickly as possible and aim to do so in 10 working days.
Application form: https://forms.office.com/e/Re3BsmjQSZ
Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org