Getting food and essential supplies while self-isolating
If you need to self-isolate, then you’ll need to follow the UK government guidance and do not go out when you are self-isolating. Here’s some advice on how to get food and essential supplies.
Support from the University and Leeds University Union:
- If you’re travelling to Leeds from outside the UK you can complete the international arrivals form to request a starter food box and order kitchen and bedding.
If you live in University residence view our FAQs and support information and a guide to help with ordering food and other essential items to residences. Members of our Residence Life team are also always available to offer help and support if it is needed.
- If you need emergency support or you just want to talk to someone in more detail, complete the online form on the LUU Coronavirus page and LUU will contact you back.
If you are self-isolating in Leeds and are unable to arrange a food delivery, you can book an emergency food box online.
Things you can do:
- As soon as possible organise an online food delivery. It can take several days to get a supermarket delivery, so start early. You can find information about local online food delivery services on our Where to Buy Food and Equipment page and our article about online food shopping in Leeds.
- Ask a friend who is not self-isolating if they can collect food and essential items for you. If you’re new, or don’t know anyone outside your household, contact LUU Help and Support for guidance or can book an emergency food box online.
- There are lots of local businesses and alternative places to get online food deliveries in Leeds.
If you live in University-allocated accommodation, then you will be able to use contactless laundry provider PingLocker to have your laundry collected, washed and returned from outside of your flat door. The process is completely covid-safe and is available even if your flat is self-isolating. More information on how to book and what the service involves can be found here: www.ping-services.com/uol-laundry
There are a number of other ways you can access help, including our student information points and helpline. You can also contact LUU for help and support or find out more about the help available from LUU through their coronavirus guidance page.