School of Medicine Student Support
It is not unusual for students to require some additional guidance or/and support as they pursue their medical studies. Dealing with any uncertainties or challenges you face earlier rather than later usually provides for a better outcome.
Who should you contact?
- Your Personal Tutor (PT). We encourage you to request additional contact with your PT as and when required. Your Personal Tutor can provide you guidance; pastoral support; and academic support.
- Your ICU \ placement tutor can provide you academic advice and guidance
- The Student Education Reception team. The Student Education team at the Leeds Institute of Medical Education (Level 7, Worsley Building) can assist you with general MBChB enquiries and can signpost you accordingly. You can either attend in person; phone 0113 3437234; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours are 08-00hrs to 17-30hrs Mon-Friday, excluding University holidays.
- If you need to speak to someone in confidence and your Personal Tutor is not available, you can contact the Schools Student Support Officer 0113 343 4335; the Student Support Manager 0113 343 5032; or phone Student Education reception on 0113 3437234 and ask to be put through to a member of the Student Support team.
- Independent advice regarding a wide range of issues can also be accessed via the Leeds University Union www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk
If you can't find what you need, always remember that you can contact your personal tutor. If you can't contact your personal tutor, you can contact the Student Support team directly via email or by coming to the reception desk in the Learning & Teaching Office.