Disability support equipment and services
If youre a disabled student, you could benefit from access to a range of equipment and support services.
Some of the services are free, while others might require you to apply for additional funding. Condition-specific support equipment and services are also available.
All disabled University of Leeds students
- The loan of small items of equipment.
- Alternative examination arrangements.
- Access to campus-based computers with assistive technology.
- Help with asking for copies of handouts or lecture presentations in advance.
- Extended library loan facilities.
- Term-time drop-in sessions at Disability Services.
- Advice and guidance on the impact of your disability on various study tasks.
Condition-specific support equipment and services are also available.
Additionally funded support
Other support services are available to disabled University of Leeds students but you'll need to apply for additional funding. The types of general support might include:
- A full assessment of your academic support needs.
- A personal assistant, note-taker, mentor.
- Computer equipment or assistive software for you to own.