Support worker team
The Support Worker Team coordinates Non-Medical Helper support for disabled students provided by the University of Leeds.
The University of Leeds provide the following Non-Medical Helper (NMH) support:
- PA/Library Support and Sighted Guide
- Note-taking Support
- Specialist Mentor Support
- One-to-One Study Skills Support
- British Sign Language Interpreter Support
More detailed information about all the non-medical help support offered through the Support Worker Team at Disability Services can be found by downloading our Student Handbook.
The Support Worker Team is:
- Martin Hall Support Worker Team Manager
- Charlotte Hendry-Webster Support Worker Team Assistant Manager (coordinates notetaking support and BSL interpreters.)
- Toni Duxbury - Support Worker Team Finance Administrator (Finance, Invoicing and Timesheets)
- Abi Rollinson - Support Worker Team Scheme Administrator (coordinates PA, Specialist Mentor and 1:1 Study Skills support).
- Tom Starkey - Assistive Technology Advisor
If you are hoping to set up support, or have been asked to complete a requirements or availability form, you can find the form for your support scheme below. Please complete the appropriate form and return it to the Support Worker Team.
- PA/Library Support Requirements Form
- Specialist Mentor Support/One-to-One Study Skills Availability
- Note-Taking Support Requirements Form
If you are wanting to set up Note-taking support, please also email a link to your course timetable to the Support Worker Team, along with details of any further requirements.
Our Support Workers
The Support Worker Team employs a large number of staff across our support schemes. If you are going to be meeting one of our staff for the first time, you can have a look at their photo beforehand.
Funding for Disability Support
If you have a question about anything on this page, or about anything else to do with non-medical help support, please do read our FAQ's document. If your question is not answered on there, dont hesitate to get in touch with us.
Feedback and Complaints
If you would like to make a complaint, please contact the Support Worker Team manager in the first instance. If you would like to make a more formal complaint, you can follow the Universitys complaints procedure.
If you are a needs assessor looking for information, please consult our page for assessors.