Study Abroad academic requirements and support
Each parent school has a dedicated academic who will be able to advise you on different aspects of your year abroad.
WHO IS MY STUDY ABROAD COORDINATOR?
Your School Study Abroad Coordinator is your main point of contact for academic support in the lead up to, during and when you return from your study abroad year.
Click on our School Study Abroad Coordinator contact list to find out who is the main point of contact in your parent school.
When should I speak to my School Study Abroad Coordinator?
1. Before you apply to study abroad:
- To check that they will support your application to study abroad.
- To discuss the academic suitability of the destinations you are considering.
2. Once you have a place on the Study Abroad programme and during your study abroad year:
- To ask for advice on how many credits you need to pass during the year.
- To ask for advice on your module choices.
- When completing School pre-departure paperwork, including Change of Programmes and Learning Contracts.
- To discuss any difficulties you encounter during your study abroad year that may affect your wellbeing or academic performance.
3. Upon completing your study abroad year and when you return to Leeds:
- To discuss how and when your study abroad year will be assessed.
- To process your Transcript of Records issued by host university at the end your stay, which shows the grades you have obtained while studying abroad.
STUDY ABROAD TEAM ROLE
The Study Abroad Team are not able to advise on academic matters. Our advisers can help you with practical matters related to your studies abroad, such as advice about your application, issues with your travels and contact with your host university.
Read the Study Abroad Agreement to find out more what responsibilities students, schools and the Study Abroad Team are required to fulfil throughout the programme.
To find out more about our Study Abroad Advisers, visit our Padlet
REPORT AND SUPPORT
We are committed to creating a community that is actively supportive and opposes all forms of discrimination. If you experience or witness an incident of concern, you can report it through a disclosure form on this website.