Systems for online assessment
Online assessments can be carried out using different digital education systems available at the University.
Where you have been set an assessment via one of these systems, the guidance and links given on this page on how to use the systems will be helpful.
Current service status and reporting issues
Information on the current service status of the University’s digital education systems can be found on the IT webpage. Please ensure that you report any issues being experienced via the IT Service Desk to enable the severity of an issue to be understood.
Technical issues during online assessments
You will have been provided with details of how to contact your school for support during your online time limited assessment. If you experience technical difficulties during an online time limited assessment, you should contact your school as soon as possible to make them aware of this. Please note that IT issues are not normally accepted as Mitigating Circumstances.
- Turnitin: Student Guides webpage
- How to Submit a Turnitin paper webpage
- How to Submit a Turnitin assignment video
- How to get your Turnitin receipt video
- Gradescope: Student Guides webpage
- Submitting assessments including electronic and handwritten documents and answers via Online Assignment PDF
- Submitting scanned documents PDF
Top Hat Test and Top Hat pages links:
- Top Hat: Student Guides webpage
- An overview of taking a Top Hat Test from a student perspective webpage
- Student Top Hat Test FAQs webpage
- Taking a Top Hat Test video tutorial
- Assignments & Homework (Pages) webpage