The Intercultural Ambassadors Programme offers both UK and international students the opportunity to volunteer, bringing intercultural awareness to our campus and community.
Intercultural Ambassadors play a key role in bringing the benefits of the University of Leeds Global Community to students and local people.
By joining the programme you get the chance to:
- run one of ten meaningful projects with a multicultural team
- develop your skills in cultural awareness and intercultural communication
- gain valuable teamwork and project management experience
- make an impact on the University and wider Leeds community
- develop your employability skills
- get to know some amazing people and have fun.
Students selected for the programme receive training and support to create projects on campus and in the local community to inspire and connect people from different backgrounds and enrich their experience.
For a taste of the Intercultural Ambassador experience, take a look at the blog from the 2019 World Unite Festival and the Intercultural Ambassadors Programme blog to see previous ambassadors' projects.
You can gain recognition of your role as an Intercultural Ambassador on the Higher Education Achievement Record which accompanies your degree certificate if you are an undergraduate and successfully complete the full programme