About the Plus Programme
Make the most of your University experience. Our tailored opportunities and support will help you develop the skills and confidence and thrive at Leeds and beyond.
What is the Plus Programme?
The Plus Programme is an extra support scheme available to students who have entered the University through specific access routes. We at the Plus Programme are here to ensure every student has access to all the opportunities at Leeds and to help them achieve everything they want out of their University experience.
The programme helps students through three key strands of support:
- Transition: Starting University is a huge life change for all students and brings with it all sorts of challenges. Were here to help you settle in and make the University of Leeds feel like a new home. Our Transition support isnt just for the first few weeks of your degree though you go through lots of transitions throughout your time here! Be it moving into second-year accommodation, beginning your dissertation or any other new area, were here to make the ride as smooth as possible.
- Success: The Plus Programme aims to ensure every student achieves great success at Leeds both academically and personally. We work to help you access any extra support you might need during your time here so that you can focus on your studies.
- Progression: The Plus Programme provides lots of extra support on your Post-University aims from your very first Semester at Leeds. Whether you plan to get onto a top graduate scheme, start your own business or take on further study, we are here to help you achieve that. We even have our own dedicated contact in the Careers Centre for all Plus Programme students to gain priority support.
Who can access the Plus Programme?
Students who enter the University through certain routes are automatically given access to the Plus Programme so dont have to sign up. These include:
- Students who completed the Access to Leeds or Realising Opportunities programmes
- Undergraduate means-tested scholarship recipients
- Leeds Masters Scholarship recipients
- Students beginning an Undergraduate degree after completing a foundation year with the Lifelong Learning Centre.
However, if you meet any of the below criteria, you can also gain full access to the Plus Programme:
- Care Leaver or Care Experienced
- Estranged from your parents
- Young Carer
- Refugee/Humanitarian Protection Status
If you think you might be eligible to receive our support, dont hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can the Plus Programme Support Me?
The Plus Programme is here throughout your studies to support you in a wide variety of ways. Below is a short summary of our main support, but follow the links and explore our website to find out more.
- Signposting: The University is a huge place, and you can treat us as a base to navigate from if you don't know who to ask about anything. If we don't know ourselves, we know who will.
- Events: We offer dozens of exclusive, free and hugely varied events to Plus Programme students all year.
- Pastoral Support: If you ever need someone to talk to, listen or offer some advice about a problem you're having, you can always email or call and we'll usually be able to book you in for an appointment that week.
- The Opportunities Fund: Apply to the Opportunities Fund for financial support on a huge variety of professional development opportunities including internships, interviews, conferences and much more.
- Social Media Community: Join our Facebook group to meet other Plus Programme students, see who else is coming to our events, discuss interesting topics and get some more tips on the best of the University
- Estranged and Care Leaver Support: We offer dedicated support for students who are estranged or care experienced.
How can I get in touch with the Plus Programme?
We are here to help you throughout your time at University. We all sit in 18 Blenheim Terrace and work 9am 5pm Monday to Friday. Our contact details are listed below if you want to get in touch.
To make an appointment or discuss any issues with the team please contact the team on the details below:
Jennifer Coates, Plus Programme Lead Officer
Emily Towler, Plus Programme Lead Officer
Alex Ferguson, Plus Programme Officer
Lucy Holehan, Plus Programme Officer
Lisa Firth, Plus Programme Administrator
Hannah Falvey, Plus Programme Administrator
Sarah Hearfield, Cross Institutional Student Success Project Manager, Plus Programme Manager