Deferring your ceremony
If the current graduation session is inconvenient for you, you can register to defer attending in person until an alternative Winter or Summer Session.
You will need to register this on Minerva when the system opens on the 7 May and will close on the 18 June.
How to register to defer
Log in to Minerva using your IT username and password.
Click on the "Access Student Services icon in the toolbar on the top right.
- Click the Registration & Student Records tab.
- Click the Graduation Ceremony link at the bottom of the page.
- Click the ceremony number to proceed.
- Confirm your personal details and choose the option to defer to a Winter or Summer session graduation ceremony.
If you dont have access to Minerva please try this alternative method:
log into Student Services using your old username and password.
If you dont remember your username and password you can retrieve your original default one at mypassword.leeds.ac.uk and putting in your 9 digit student number and your date of birth.
- Click on the Registration and Student Records tab
- Click on the 'Graduation Ceremony' link at the bottom of the page
- Click on the ceremony number to proceed
- You will be at the beginning of the graduation registration process
- Make your way through the steps
There is no charge for attending your graduation ceremony. The only compulsory cost is for gown hire.