Student Counselling and Wellbeing at Leeds University Union
Student Counselling and Wellbeing (SCW@LUU) offer same-day appointments for students, in partnership with the Help and Support team at Leeds University Union.
You'll be able to get professional, confidential support Monday to Friday between 1 4pm with appointments bookable on the day through LUU Advice.
What will happen during the session?
Sessions are with a member of the Student Counselling and Wellbeing team and you'll work together to discuss the issue(s) that are causing difficultly or distress and explore the most appropriate advice and guidance. By the end of an appointment you'll have identified the best next steps to take, which may be:
- trying self-help resources
- online programmes such as Big White Wall
- applying for support through the Student Counselling and Wellbeing online self-referral form
- support from within the school, wider University student support services, disability services, LUU/ Advice, a GP
- community-based support services such as Leeds IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies)
What are the sessions for?
Same-day appointments are time limited, and are to understand your current difficulties and find the most helpful next steps, which may include information about further support. The service is for students who may be experiencing emotional, psychological or mental health difficulties but are unsure of what, where or how to gain support.
If you want to access support through Student Counselling and Wellbeing then you should complete the online self-referral form. If you're not certain this is the right step for you, please book a same-day appointment.
How do I book a same-day appointment?
You can book a same-day appointment at LUU Advice in the LUU foyer, from 9am Monday to Friday, for later that afternoon.
How long will the session last?