Not attending a ceremony
If you're not attending your graduation ceremony, you will need to register to have your documents posted to you
You must confirm your attendance or non-attendance online in advance to be able to receive your degree certificate.
We will post the certificate to your permanent home address. If you would like us to post it somewhere else, please choose an alternative degree certificate address in the Portal.
Documents are posted free of charge first class standard mail or air mail through Royal Mail. No tracking number can be provided for this service.
If you wish to have tracked delivery, you can pay for DHL delivery for your degree certificate through the University of Leeds Store. You need to make sure that you have registered your graduation choice as in absentia through the online graduation registration system in the Portal before you purchase DHL delivery.
When you buy DHL delivery, make sure you choose the original certificate (in absentia) option under the What is delivery for? field.
Register to have your documents posted
Here's a step-by-step guide to logging on and registering your choice.
- Log in to the Portal using your IT username and password. This will take you to either into the Student Portal (blue) or the Graduate Portal (red).
- Choose the "Academic Admin" tab if you are a student portal user; choose the "Careers" tabs if you are a graduate portal user.
- Click Log me into Student Services.
- Click the Registration & Student Records tab.
- Click the Graduation Ceremony link at the bottom of the page.
- Click the ceremony number to proceed (even if you are registering to have the documents posted).
- You'll now have some choices about the ceremony and you'll need to confirm your personal details.
If you don't let us know, you will automatically graduate "in absentia" (in your absence) and we will post your certificate to you. There may be a delay in sending the certificate unless you actively register to have it posted to you via the Portal.