Graduation guide, checklist and deadlines
Our step-by-step graduation checklist will help you to understand the graduation process and what you need to do.
Our printable graduation guide will be uploaded shortly.
- Decide whether or not you want to attend your graduation ceremony.
- Register your decision via the the portal.
- Apply for up to two guest tickets via the portal if you want to attend your ceremony with guests.
- Clear any outstanding tuition fees to the University.
- Check we have your correct legal name on the University system.
- If you will not attend your graduation ceremony, check that we have your correct address.
- Order your academic gown if you want to attend your ceremony.
- Register your interest in any available extra tickets.
- Check you have passed your degree.
- Tell us if you want to appeal your classification.
On the ceremony day
- Arrive 90 minutes before the ceremony.
- Collect your tickets from the Student Union Building.
- Collect your gown from the Student Union Building.
- Enter the Great Hall via the Baines Wing.
- Sit in your seat.
- Ceremony takes place.
- Receive your certificate.
- Return your gown to the Student Union Building.
Deadlines for Summer 2017 graduation
Pay University debts: 17 June
Registration closes: 24 June
Submit Legal name changes: 24 June
Order your gown: 24 June
Extra ticket requests open: 27 June at 12pm midday
Extra ticket requests close: 29 June at 12pm midday