Students who withdraw from the study abroad programme may be subject to a charge.
Students who withdraw from the study abroad programme after the last Friday in February and before taking up their placement abroad, will be charged £100 except in exceptional circumstances for which supporting evidence will be required. Withdrawals must be made in writing to the Study Abroad office. This policy applies to both university-wide and school exchange destinations. Withdrawals are final and cannot be reversed.
Important: failure to pay the withdrawal fee will result in the debt being added to your university account.
Exceptional circumstances include:
- personal illness preventing travel (eg doctors note)
- illness of close family member/ partner
- extreme changes in circumstances between the date of application and date of withdrawal (eg financial problems due to a close family member being made redundant)
- withdrawal for academic reasons (eg school withdrawing support for the application)
- war, or other civil unrest
- prolonged industrial action