Exam timetable publication dates and exam session times
There are three examination periods each year and students will be able to view their personal exam timetable ahead of these periods through The Portal.
The exam periods are held at the end of each semester and the resit period takes place before the summer bank holiday in late August.
Exams can be held on any day within these periods, including weekends, so please make sure that you're available for every examination session. You can view your personal exam timetable through The Portal (in the examinations tab).
Separate timetables may be issued at school level, for example if you are a student in the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry or Healthcare.
Examination timetable publication dates 2016/2017
Timetables are published online on the following dates:
Semester 1 Exams (9 - 20 January 2017)
- Draft Exam Timetable: 11 November 2016 (midday)
- Exam Timetable (without venues): 25 November 2016 (midday)
- Exam Timetable (with venues): 9 December 2016 (midday)
Semester 2 Exams (15 May - 2 June 2017)
- Draft Exam Timetable: 10 March 2017 (midday)
- Exam Timetable (without venues): 24 March 2017 (midday)
- Exam Timetable (with venues): 13 April 2017 (midday)
August Resit Exams (15 - 25 August 2017)
- Exam Timetable (with venues): 31 July 2017 (midday)
Exam session times may vary (you should always double-check) but ordinarily are:
- 9am to 12 noon
- 2pm to 5pm
- 6pm to 7pm (semester 2 exams only, if necessary)