If you need help

Here you will find tips and contact details if you are having problems with registration.

Problems with fee payment

If you are unable to complete registration immediately, due to issues relating to your fee payment arrangements, you can request deferred registration at the Student Services Centre counter when you arrive at the University. To be eligible, you must have completed steps 1 to 5 on the registration checklist

This gives you a month's temporary ID card to gain access to University facilities, such as the library and IT, while you make the necessary arrangements to complete your registration.

If you are a UK student expecting a student loan, this will not be released to you while you have deferred registration. Your student loan will only be released when you have successfully completed your online registration and collected your student ID card.

Lost, stolen or expired ID cards

Please go to our ID card page for further details.

International students

You can visit the international student information point from 8-25 September in the Michael Sadler building. Outside these times, visit the International Student Office

Further help: Registration Helpdesk

For any further problems with registration, please contact the Registration Helpline on:

Email: registration@leeds.ac.uk
Telephone: 0800 9150402 (+44 113 343 7000 outside of the UK).

The Registration Helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

If you've lost your student ID card and it's handed in to the Student Services Centre, we will email you to collect it - please check your University email account before requesting a replacement.

If your card has not been handed in, we will issue a replacement at a cost of £10. You can pay either by card at the main counter; by card, cash or cheque with our cashiers; or at our online store. Please also bring a form of official ID with you (passport or driving licence).

Expired cards

If you are a current student whose course has been extended and your student ID card has expired, bring your expired card to the Student Services Centre and we will replace it free of charge. If you no longer have your expired card, this will be treated as a lost card and you will need to pay for a replacement.