Registering outside of September
To help guide those who join us outside of September, weve gathered the times, dates and locations of what youll need to complete student registration.
The registration process
You'll need to register at the start of every academic year. There are two parts to the process:
- Part A - online registration (this is for new and returning students)
- Part B - identity checks and collecting documents (for all new students - including graduates from the University who have come through our admissions process to start a new course)
Please read what you'll need to register before you begin the process as not having the correct documents may delay your registration.
If youre an international student, attend your welcome talk and collect your welcome pack before you start registration.
When to register
If youre joining the University outside of September, you can complete the online registration steps from a month before the start of your course once you have accepted an unconditional offer from us.
If your course starts outside of September, we would expect you to complete this process before the end of the month that you begin your course. You should have a discussion with your parent school if you can't do this as not registering by the University's scheduled deadlines will shut your account down and you will be withdrawn from your course.
Part A: the online registration steps
You'll need to log in to minerva.leeds.ac.uk using your IT username and password.
- New students: visit mypassword.leeds.ac.uk to get your username and password. You'll need to enter your student ID number and date of birth.
- Returning students: If youve forgotten your password, please reset your password.
Once you've logged in, click on the Student Services Centre icon in the top right, then click 'Registration' and follow the on-screen instructions.
New students will be given a registration certificate at the end. Save this as you'll be asked if you have an electronic or printed copy during your identity check.
Part B: identity checks and collecting your student ID card
Students starting their course in or after September 2017 need to have an identity check to be fully registered. A small number of students may not need this due to the type of course they are on, however all new students with a Student Loan do also need to complete the identity check so that we can confirm attendance and registration to the Student Loans Company. You can then collect your student ID card once youve had an identity check. If you need to collect a BRP at the University, this is in the same location.
For the identity check, you will need:
- UK students passport and "registration certificate" page of online registration*
- EEA students passport/national identity card and "registration certificate" page of online registration*
- International students (from September 2017) - passport and immigration permission documents, BRP certificate/BRP collection email (if needed) and "registration certificate" page of online registration*
*If you haven't been able to complete online registration and are waiting on other processes to complete this, you can usually still complete the identity check and collect an ID card. You just need the identification documents above and your nine digit student ID number (instead of your "registration certificate" page). You will be issued with a reminder that you have not yet completed full registration as part of the identity check if you do this.
You can find out more about the above documents on our what you'll need to register page.
Once you have the relevant documents, take them to:
- Thursday 28 September to Friday 06 October 2017
UK/EEA students: Interview Room 3, Level 9 Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building (normal queue outside the room)
International students: Time slot tickets at East Entrance, front entrance Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building (manual time slot tickets issued). Appointments in 12.07 Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building, use lift in East Entrance next to toilets. This is the same place/system where BRP collection will take place.
- Monday 09 - Friday 13 October 2017: All students at East Entrance (next to cash point), Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building (collect a timeslot ticket from a helper, appointments will be in 12.07 accessible from the East Entrance lift and stairs)
- Monday 16 October 2017 onwards: All students go to Student Services Centre Counter in the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building. The counter is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excepting Wednesdays when it opens at 10am.
You can apply for your student ID card and verify your identity online if you are not on campus to complete your course or if you cant complete the process in person for any reason.
After you've registered
Your parent school will invite you to attend induction sessions that will give you more information about your course. You'll also have the opportunity to meet your tutors and find out more about the facilities and resources available. Take a look at our arrival pages to find out more about starting life as a student in Leeds.
Common problems during registration
- If you receive an error message when retrieving your username and password, check that you are:
- a new student, and don't already have a username and password
- entering a nine digit number for your username
- entering your date of birth in the requested format
- not trying to collect your username and password before the date shown on the page
- have accepted your offer to study at the University of Leeds on your admissions portal
- If youre a UK or EU student who is expecting a student loan to pay for your fees, this must be approved by the Student Loans Company before it is linked to your university file. Your student loan will be released after you have completed all of the registration process. It will not be released if you have deferred registration.
- If your loan is for postgraduate study, youll need to set up an instalment plan to pay your tuition fees before you will be able to register. Visit the student ID card page for information about the card.
If you need help during the online registration process, click on HELP in the top right hand corner of the screen.
If you cant complete registration because of issues relating to your fee payment, you can contact the Student Fees team.
Where to get further help
- For further help and advice on the registration process you can contact our Registration Helpline. Email email@example.com or telephone 0800 9150402 (within UK) or +44 113 343 7000 (outside UK).
- Fees: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 343 6700
- Funding (UK students): email@example.com or 0113 343 2007
- Accommodation: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 343 7777
- Academic verification documents: please contact your school (subject department)
- International students can visit the International Student Information Point from 7-22 September 2017 (including weekends) in the Michael Sadler building. Outside these times, visit the International Student Office.
You can also contact the following teams for specific issues you may be facing: