How to use QLess
Virtual queues are used for different things on campus, especially for our enquiries counter in the Student Services Centre (Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building year-round). We've outlined how to use QLess here.
***28 September 2017 - 06 October 2017: If you are completing an identity check or collecting a BRP (inclusive of collecting your first ID card) in the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building, you do NOT use Qless.***
Installing the Qless App
Download the QLess Mobile App from the App Store or the Google Play Store. Once youve downloaded the app, open it and search for Leeds. This will show you the queues available at the University of Leeds.
Qless via internet browser
You can also join a queue using any internet-enabled device, including the cluster computers that are available across campus.
- For Student Services Counter services such as fees, funding, accommodation, or official university documents: visit the Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building Qless web page.
Follow the on-screen instructions to join the correct queue. The title of the queue includes the location of where you'll need to go to be seen.
Once you've joined the queue
When you have joined a queue, QLess will:
- Send you an app notification or text message with your estimated wait time. This will depend on the number of people that have joined the queue before you.
- Allow you to ask for more time if you are not ready to be seen.
- Send you an alert when you're 10 minutes away from the front of the queue.
- Watch the QLess animation to find out more on how you can use QLess.
Feedback about the virtual queue system can be given through the survey that will be sent to you through QLess.
Helpers will also be present on site to help place you in the virtual queue and to answer any questions that you may have about QLess.