Student Services Centre Counter

The Student Services Centre counter provides a range of useful services, and counter staff can provide advice on many issues.

Whether you've lost your student ID card, need proof of your student status to help open a bank account or need to speak to someone about your University accommodation, the Student Services Centre counter team will help you get the information you need.

Services available

  • Student ID cards: you can collect your ID card after you have completed the online registration process. You can also purchase a replacement if your card is lost, stolen or damaged, or have a new card issued if your current card expires.
  • Cashiers: the Cashiers Counter deals with payments made to the University. You can pay tuition, examination and accommodation fees by card, cash and cheque. You can also purchase replacement student ID cards, transcripts, statements and certified copies of your degree certificate.
  • Student Funding: you can access information and advice about funding, such as Leeds Financial Support, the Access to Learning Fund, the Leeds Bursary and postgraduate student funding.
  • Accommodation enquiries: you can enquire about contract dates, room swaps and room transfers.
  • Bank letters: this letter can be used to confirm that you're registered at the University in order to open a bank account. This is particularly useful for international students who may need to open a UK bank account.
  • Council Tax exemption: in most cases, if you're a full-time student, you should be exempt from paying Council Tax. However, you'll need to make sure that you inform the council of your student status (see our detailed information on council tax exemption).  If you need a Council Tax Exemption Certificate the Counter team can help you with this.  
  • Registration Status Certificate: this is an official document from the University confirming your registration status for the current academic year, plus your course details and basic personal information.  
  • Transcript requests: The easiest way for current students to get a Transcript is to visit the Student Services Centre where this document will be issued on the spot. If you are unable to visit the Counter, you can apply via the online store.

Opening Hours

Main Counter: 9am-5pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. 10am - 5pm Wednesday.

Please note that our closing procedure starts at 4:45pm, so if your enquiry is likely to take longer than 15 minutes to deal with you may be asked to return the next day.

Cashiers Counter: 9am-4:45pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. 10am-4:45pm Wednesday

Entrances: main entrances on Cavendish Road and Beech Grove Terrace.
Disabled access: Direct ground-level access is available at the eastern (Cavendish Road) entrance. Access from the western (Beech Grove Terrace) entrance is via a wheelchair-accessible lift.

Contact us

Student Services Centre
Level 9, Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building
University of Leeds

T: 0113 343 8877
F: 0113 343 5740
E:" href="">