Get the edge over your competition by learning from the real business world!
Learn practical skills from industry experts and entrepreneurs with a passion for business
The Enterprise Scholarship Scheme
The Enterprise Scholarship Scheme is a fantastic opportunity to develop your fledgling business skills in a supportive environment. Not only that but as a successful candidate you will receive a substantial grant to help with your start-up costs. As a highlight of the scheme, you will be invited to join our intensive online bootcamp where you will hear from a wide range of successful entrepreneurs who have been through the programme. Benefit from their experience as they share their skills giving you the flying start your competitors only dream of!
- Market Research
- Business Planning & Forcasting
- Accessing Finance
- Sales & Marketing
- Pitching your business
So what next?
The support does not stop there. Beyond your training and funding, you will have access to mentoring and co-working space. Benefiting from the co-working and collaborative environment, Enterprise Scholars can start their business in one of Leeds most cutting-edge environments, purpose built for the innovators and entrepreneurs of tomorrow!
- £3,000 to help develop enterprise opportunities, plus £1,000 that the University will use to pay for your training and development
- Possibility of access to the Spark Business Incubator based in Nexus (subject to availability).
- Access to a range of business mentors
- A supportive environment in which to combine academic study with entrepreneurial activities
- Access to professional networks
- Access to Helix and Edward Boyle Library Enterprise zones
- The opportunity to participate in and help build the University’s enterprise community
- The opportunity to become an ambassador for enterprise at the University
- Continued support form an award-winning department.
Our Enterprise Scholars said...
With the Scholarship funding I’ve been able to increase the amount of exposure my music platform has, been able to fund professional videography, photography and finally launched the magazine which was a long-term project I wanted to do.Vidisha Jain
It’s not easy to start a business but being in such a supportive environment has really helped tackle some of the challenges that I think small businesses face.Oli Burbage-Hall
Need more info?
Find out more about the Enterprise Scholarships at our Information Workshops
How to Apply
Completed applications to be submitted electronically by 10 A.M. on Friday 03rd November 2023 to email@example.com.
Applications will then be considered by a formal review panel and the shortlisted applicants will be invited to present to the panel at University House on Monday 20th or Tuesday 21st November 2023. If you have any questions please email Angela Archer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The Enterprise Scholarship Boot Camp on 18th and 19th December is residential and all successful applicants will be expected to stay overnight at the hotel.
ContactThe programme is managed by Spark based in Nexus from which further details can be obtained via Angela Archer on 0113 343 5028 or email@example.com