Confirm your ceremony attendance
Please let us know if you would like to join us for your graduation ceremony by registering on our online graduation registration system.
You must actively register your decision to attend or you might not be allowed to take part in the ceremony.
If you don't let us know, you will automatically graduate in absentia (in your absence) and we will post your certificate to you.
There is no charge for attending a graduation ceremony. The only compulsory cost is for gown hire.
Our online graduation registration system opens twice a year:
- Registration for July graduations opens at the beginning of May.
- Registration for December graduations opens at the beginning of October.
If you want to attend your ceremony, register your choice in the Portal and you'll receive a confirmation email.
If you don't want to attend a ceremony, please register as in absentia in the Portal and we'll post your degree certificate to you.
How to register
Here's a step-by-step guide to logging on and registering your graduation choice, or viewing or printing your Ceremony Summary page.
- Log in to the portal using your IT username and password. This will take you to either into the Student Portal (blue) or the Graduate Portal (red).
- Choose the "Academic Admin" tab if you are a student portal user; choose the "Careers" tabs if you are a graduate portal user.
- Click Log me into Student Services.
- Click the Registration & Student Records tab.
- Click the Graduation Ceremony link.
- Click the ceremony number to proceed.
- You'll now have some choices about the ceremony and you'll need to confirm your personal details.
- Receive a confirmation email.
Order your gown
A further email with the gown hire code will be sent to you after you have registered a choice. You will need to use this code when ordering your academic gown from Ede and Ravenscroft.