Leeds has lots of family-friendly activities in and around the surrounding areas that you and your family can enjoy. There's something for everyone, so why not get out and explore?
We run events for partners and families throughout the year. Coffee Connections is one of our Global Community social activities for the partners of students and staff.
For the opportunity to get together regularly, meet new people and share information and ideas about how to make the most of living in Leeds, come and join us from 12pm to 2pm on the following dates:
- Thursday 26 October 2017
- Thursday 30 November 2017
- Thursday 14 December 2017
These events are held in the Student Common Room, Level 12, Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building
Tea, coffee and cake is available and children are welcome to attend too.
Join our Facebook group to find out more about events and activities coming up.
Leeds University Union also organises a number of events which may have a family focus. You can use the 'Event Type' search function to find out which events are family friendly.
It's also worth looking at the main University events listings or the Stanley and Audrey Burton Gallery events as there are often workshops, concerts or other activities that are family-themed, or open to all.
- LeedsCard: if youre a cardholder you can get free or discounted entry to local attractions, museums, concerts, and Leeds City Council sport and leisure facilities.
- BreezeCard: if your children live in Leeds they can receive discounts on a range of activities and events.
- Leeds City Council: this is the local government for Leeds and its responsible for providing parks and other leisure facilities, as well as the day-to-day running of the city. You can find a comprehensive calendar of events on its website.
- Welcome to Yorkshire: this is the official tourist information site for Yorkshire, which provides details of a wide range of attractions and activities (some of which are free).