Register for an appointment on campus

The Student Counselling and Wellbeing service and the NHS offer a range of services to support students during their time at the University.

Please remember to make an appointment to see your GP if you are concerned about how you are feeling. Register for Leeds NHS counselling and psychotherapy services.

We encourage you to talk to your school if your current difficulties are impacting on your studies, either your Personal Tutor, or Student Support Officer.

There are places available on our workshops, and Big White Wall is available, for free, to all registered students. You can find out more on our Big White Wall page.

There are also organisations and services available in the Leeds area that provide counselling, therapeutic interventions and psychological support.

If you have already completed a self-referral form we will be in touch with an appointment in coming weeks. If you are away from Leeds over the break, please fill out our form in January, for an appointment next term. 

The Student Counselling and Wellbeing service is a multi-professional team of Counsellors, Mental Health Advisors and Wellbeing Practitioners offering a range of services to support students during their time at the University of Leeds.

We have extensive experience of the issues and difficulties that members of our community face while studying, and encourage you to talk to us if you are unsure what to do or where to turn for help. We offer single session consultation appointments, mental health and wellbeing support, face-to-face and online counselling, groups and workshops, meditation, and a range of self-help resources including Big White Wall and downloadable MP3s. We're open Monday to Friday all year round except weekends and University closure periods such as bank holidays, Easter, Christmas and New Year. 

If you wish to contact us, email or phone us on 0113 343 4107. 

Student Counselling and Wellbeing do not provide crisis or emergency services. Find out what to do in an emergency

If you need help or advice before you get an appointment we encourage you to explore the following wide range of resources available: 

Talk to your school or faculty

Is your problem about work or affecting your work? Your personal tutor or Education Service Officer may be able to help and should know if things are going on for you which are getting in the way of your work. See our list of faculties to find contact information.

Contact your GP

It might be worth getting yourself checked out, especially if you are feeling really depressed or physically run down. The Leeds Student Medical Practice also has a really useful website.

Emergency or crisis

If you need help in a crisis situation, see our contacts page for more information.